The four-door BMW 2021 M sedans offer supercar performance with everyday usability for up to five passengers.
2021 BMW M5 Sedan Notable Changes:
• New front and rear styling.
• New, larger 12.3-inch touch screen central information display.
• New wireless Android Auto compatibility in addition to Apple CarPlay.
• New cloud-based BMW Maps navigation.
• New TRACK mode for M5 Competition.
• New bicolor Full Merino Leather in Black and Midrand Beige with Alcantara inserts (for M5 Competition).
• New shock absorbers and fully recalibrated damper control system for M5 Competition.
• New high-gloss black or red finish for standard compound brake calipers.
• New Brands Hatch Grey and Motegi Red Metallic paint colors.
• New BMW Individual paint colors Tanzanite Blue II metallic, Aventurine Red II metallic and the matte finish Frozen Bluestone metallic.
MSRP pricing is $103,500 for the M5 Sedan and $111,100 for the M5 Competition Sedan.
M V8 Power and Performance
The 2021 BMW M5 is powered by the S63 4.4-liter TwinPower turbocharged V8 engine producing 600 hp at 6000 rpm and 553 ft-lbs. of torque from 1800–5690 rpm. The M5 Sedan accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds and reaches an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph (190 mph when equipped with the optional M Driver’s Package).
The M5 Competition Sedan’s engine tuning increases power to 617 hp at 6000 rpm and offers a 170 rpm-wider torque band, 553 ft-lbs. at 1800–5860 rpm. The Competition model accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds and reaches an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph (190 mph when equipped with the optional M Driver’s Package).
M xDrive and Sport Steptronic transmission
The rear-biased M xDrive all-wheel drive system distributes the available 553 ft-lbs. of torque between front and rear axles via an electronically-controlled multi-plate clutch while the Active M Differential further splits torque between left and right rear wheels.
The driver can select from three xDrive modes including 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WD. The Dynamic Stability Control system can be adjusted between three settings to further enhance driver control – DSC ON, MDM (M Dynamic Mode) and DSC OFF.
The eight-speed M Steptronic transmission provides extraordinarily short shift times and fast, precise responses to every input of the accelerator. The Drivelogic switch on the gear selector lever allows three modes – efficient, sport or track with extremely rapid gearshifts. A transmission oil cooler ensures the transmission operates within its best temperature range even when the car is put through its paces on the track.
Suspension and Steering
The M5 features a double-wishbone front and five-link rear suspension design to deliver neutral steering behavior and precise chassis responses. The standard Dynamic Damper Control and M Servotronic steering offer a choice of electronic drive modes – COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT+.
• 617 hp engine tuning
• M Sport exhaust system
• Track mode
• Model-specific sport suspension
• Firmer engine mounts
• 20-inch M Y-spoke forged Style 789M bicolor wheels w/performance non run-flat tires
or 20-inch M Double-spoke Style 810M bicolor wheels w/performance non run-flat tires.
or 20-inch m Double-spoke Style 706M black wheels w/performance non run-flat tires.
• Individual Shadowline lights
• M seat belts
• Extended Shadowline trim for exhaust tips and side mirrors.
Driving Assistance Professional Package
• Extended traffic jam assistant for limited access highways
• Active cruise control with stop & go
• Active lane keeping assistant with side collision avoidance
• Evasion aid
• Front cross-traffic alert
• Soft-close automatic doors
• Power rear sunshade and rear side window shades
• Front ventilated and massaging seats
• Front and rear heated seats
• Parking Assistant Plus
• Drive Recorder
• Active park distance control
• Surround View cameras with 3D remote view
BMW of North America
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731
BMW, a German automobile, motorcycle, and engine manufacturer, was founded in 1916. BMW of North America was established in 1975 as the United States importer of BMW luxury/performance vehicles. The BMW Group, with its BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars brands, is one of the world’s most successful premium manufacturers of cars and motorcycles.
Copyright mechanic Videos. All Rights Reserved